Friday 17 March 2017

Who Is She?


Well hello there! My name is Gemma & I'm the mama behind "A Ginger Gem". I thought I should introduce myself for those who don't know me, polite really isn't it? Ok here goes-
So I'm a Cambridgeshire mama to one little boy called Seb. He's 1 year, 3 months old & growing far too fast for my liking.
I am 29 years old but I still act like an idiot (not all the time, I can be a grown up when needed) & I currently work within hospitality part-time but this isn't the career that I dreamt of doing, I'm hoping to get my act together, you know sort my shit out at some point to focus on what I really want to do, I am nearly 30 after all so, this years plan- get a career sorted. 

I should probably mention Jay, Seb's dad, I guess he's kind of important... We have been together 6 years this May & a few weeks ago he finally proposed (took him long enough, jeez) I'm kidding I knew it would happen at some point & I have never been one of those plan my wedding since I was 5, know what dress & colour scheme I want kinda girls. I haven't even looked at any wedding stuff since we got engaged, I just want to enjoy it, It'll happen when the time is right. No rush.



There are a few things that I absolutely love in life- photography, which is why I adore Instagram so much- I think it's such a fabulous community of people where I get daily inspiration, have made some wonderful friends & been given some great opportunities. Currently I am a Brand Rep for two amazing small businesses- The Native State & Sorens House check them out because they are just fabulous & are heavily featured on my page.
Swearing (sorry mum) but it's true I am big on swearing, my mum says to me I should tone it down but then I'm not being myself & what's the point in that. If people don't like it they don't have to read, watch or listen to what I do. Simple really.
Another thing that I possibly love more than Jay is fizz- If you follow me on Instagram you will definitely know of the love affair I have with this wonderful beverage. There's just nothing better is there? Let's be honest. Oh & monochrome, it really just is fabulous- I literally have a monochrome fetish & my house is slowly becoming a black & white masterpiece. I'm not even kidding. Jay loves it...



I have decided to start up my blog again because back when I first wrote it I wasn't sure of my style, I wasn't confident in myself & felt as though what I was writing wasn't good enough. I hit a few wee bumps in the road last year & that really made me doubt myself, I became a person I never thought I'd be BUT I realised that as long as you're enjoying what you're doing & believe in yourself then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says. 
If you've got a passion in life you have to reach out & grab it with both hands because you're the only one who can make it happen for you.



Lastly, I hope to make this a positive space that I'm proud of. It's been something that I've been meaning to put into motion for a little while now but I've not been sure how to start. It's not something I just want to rush into for the sake of it. I really hope you have enjoyed this first little insight into what I'm about & I really hope you come back again soon!


 Love Gem 
x

























Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig