Monday 31 July 2017

The Liebster Award


I have been nominted by my girl, Adele from @Just.Isla.And.I to answer a few questions for the Liebster Award, which is a fabulous platform to discover new blogs, bloggers & in turn for people to find you!

The Rules are as follows- 
  • Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
  • Nominate 5-11 other bloggers
  • Ask your nominees 11 Questions
  • Let them know you have nominated them
Below are my answers to the questions that she put forward for me, I hope you enjoy!

1. What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

The best advice anyone has ever given me is probably my mama. "Always be true to yourself" It's so simple but this has taught me that it doesn't matter what people think or say about you as long as you are being you then you can't go wrong. Nobody likes a fake.  

2. If you could jump into a pool of something what would it be?

Can I say fizz? No? Ok second choice would be water. I never really appreciated the effect that water had on me but when I was in labour with Seb I spent most of my time in the birthing pool, it was so soothing, relaxing & even though it was the most insane experience of my life, it made me feel safe.  

3. What is something you have tried and would NEVER do again?

Caviar, it's vile. I gave it a chance because you know "it's a big deal" but fuck me, It's disgusting & can I just mention, FISH EGGS. How is that a delicacy?!

4. Which movie has influenced your life the most?

I can't really say that any movie has influenced my life but I just adore "Gone With The Wind" absolute classic, Also weirdly "Passion Of The Christ" got to me. I usually love horror & gore but the violence & sheer brutality of this film got to me.

5. What is the most uncomfortable thing you have ever had to do out of politeness?

Having to "forgive" someone when I didn't. We shall leave it at that.

6. What is the naughtiest thing you ever did as a child/teen?

I was an angel, apart from when I snuck out of college, bunked off lessons to go smoke & have a "few" beverages with a friend when I was underage. I wasn't very rebellious.  

7. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?

Yes, I really believe this. Especially when it came to having Seb. It took us 4 years of trying to finally fall pregnant but it happened at the best time for us, looking back I'm actually gd it happened when it did. I had been through a lot including two operations, a lot of pain & a lot of frustration. Just as we were about to head to the doctors for fertility advice, those two pink lines showed up. I can't even describe the feeling.

8. Which famous person would you like to be for 24 hrs?

This is a hard one- I'm going to say Jennifer Aniston because my god have you seen her, however I would love to experience the craziness of Kim Kardashian's life, just to see what Kanye is really like behind closed doors & if what the media portrays is actually how it is.

9. What is your best "less is more" example you can come up with?

I think when it comes to interior, I tend to go for simple things. I don't like clutter or over styling things, I also tend to stick to a specific colour palette of Grey, Monochrome, Marble, copper & Blush. Sometimes a pop of green in the form of a succulent, if I'm feeling adventurous.

10. What habit do you hate the most in your other half?

I don't understand the way he uses his toothbrush. He goes through one a week. It's like he eats it. Those poor bristles are fucked. Oh & the way he cuts his nails too short EVERY TIME then they are sore because he cuts them too short and it's all because he "doesn't like any rough bits" Mate- learn from your mistakes!

11. What's your fave joke of all time?

Ok, are you ready? Best joke EVER- What's brown and Sticky...? A Stick. I can hear the laughter echoing through my computer...

So now it's my turn to nominate a few fabulous bloggers to take part-

I am nominating-
  • @LittleMissTiggy- Beautiful account, Beautiful Mama, Big Deal, So down to earth & someone I admire, (I will be coming to visit)
  • @Styled.By.Naomi- I have no words for this lady- absolute stunner & wonderful mama.
  • @JustLeah_xo- My wee Princess & putting the world to rights partner, up & coming blogger 
  • @CaraSuthers- Girl after my own heart, Honest, doesn't give a shit, fabulous mama
  • @HuntersAndHeels - This lady is all about the pretty, she's an amazing mama, pro photographer & lives in the country. All the heart eyes.
My Questions are as follows-

1. What is your biggest achievement so far in life.

2. What is your guilty pleasure

3. Is there anything you regret not doing

4. What is your favourite film & why

5. What do you do for a living & what do you wish you were doing

6. What is your biggest pet hate

7. If you could go on a date with any celebrity who would it be

8. Do you have any annoying habits

9. What's the biggest "grit your teeth & get on with it" moment you've experienced

10. What is the one thing you just couldn't live without 

11. Do you believe in fate

I am aware that I have nominated some pretty big accounts so I'm not expecting them to respond due to their huge commitments but even if they don't I hope that you can discover some beautiful people with some lovely feeds! Enjoy!

Love Gem
x










Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig